Whenever you plan to construct any structure, the most taunting work is to give it proper foundations. Because if the foundation of the structure is not strong then it will be unable to bear the load of the structure. The foundations can be said as the most crucial and critical part of any building. There are different approaches to foundations. The foundation is depending on the following factors;
- Soil Type
- Soil bearing Capacity
- Groundwater Level
- Minimum Depth
The factors may vary as per site and ground conditions. But when the soil in-ground is less compressible and water content is high, in that scenario, the best solution for the foundation will be a pile foundation. In pile foundation, piling is done that is made of steel, concrete and timber. The length of each pile may differ at per its location. The basic advantage of piling is to provide support to ground from corrosion and to bear high load capacities. As per builders, the advantages of using of pike foundation are more than any other type of foundations. But everything that has pros, does have its cons. Same is the case with pile foundation.
- The piles can be pre-made as per required length and specification. It means that less effort will be required at the site. Because pre-casted piles will reach the site and the only insertion will be done at the site.
- The pre-casting will reduce the time required for piling and foundation. This can be helpful if you are tight on schedule. This becomes very critical if you are living in a region that has unpredictable weather. Because in case of rain or snowing, piling can be slow don or halted, so whenever you get the window of clear weather then it can be done
- Unlike other foundation, the screw pile foundations can be longer length. It means that if you have to reach the deeper ground to get the firm bottom for your foundation.
- The pile foundation can be done for large areas also. It is not limited due to the size of the structure.
- Require less labour in comparison with other foundation techniques. It means it will be less hassle with pile foundation
- The pile foundation cannot be extended out of the ground. It has to be in-ground, so you have to build another external foundation over the pile foundation
- Sometimes, the accuracy of pile length is difficult to achieve because it is very complex to know about the actual length of the pile in advance.
- It needs heavy and sophisticated machinery for pile foundation. It means that cost of pile foundation might be higher than other foundations.
- The pile can be damaged if driving through boulders and stones.